Top 5 Mobile App Testing Tools 2022: Full List
Smartphone penetration and mobile application usage are growing at an accelerating rate. Nearly 6.3 million smartphone owners will use the app by 2021. This number will increase to 18.22 million by 2025. To capitalize on the digital revolution, companies are investing in app testing tools most advanced mobiles.
Mobile app testing reduces risk and increases app retention rates. To meet customer demands, businesses need to choose the best mobile test the iOS app tool. This article will discuss a variety of mobile app testing tools that can debug Android and iOS phones. This article will help you choose the right tool for your mobile app testing strategies.
Why should you use mobile app testing tools?
A mobile application testing strategy is a key part of ensuring that any mobile application is successfully developed. The best mobile QA tools are reliable and more cost effective. This is the basis of your testing strategy. These are just a few of the many benefits of using a mobile app tester:
- Automated and cross-platform testing;
- Long-term cost reduction;
- It’s easy to share test results;
- Time saving – More reliable and faster execution;
- Quality assurance.
Each tool has its own advantages and disadvantages. Here are the main challenges mobile app testing can present:
- How to choose the best mobile app testing tool;
- A selection of devices;
- Different operating system platforms and device fragmentation;
- Different user interfaces for mobile devices.
These are just some of the factors to consider when choosing a mobile app testing tool.
- Browser, network or device compatibility;
- Security and Bandwidth;
- user expectations;
- Several software updates.
You have the choice between a variety of mobile quality assurance tools when you want to implement your test procedures. These tools allow you to automate the testing of your iOS and Android applications, and reduce the time it takes.
Types of Mobile Application Testing Software
This is a list of Android and iOS mobile QA tools that will help you manage and implement your mobile application testing strategies. This list includes both paid and free mobile app testers.
Robotium is an open-source, automated Android application testing tool. Robotium is a popular tool for automating testing and writing test cases. Robotium can be used by test case developers to create acceptance, system, or function test scenarios that cover many Android activities. This tool can be used to test both apps with source code and apps that only have an APK file.
The benefits of Robotium:
- Simple and reliable test scripts;
- Automated test cases for native and hybrid application testing;
- Automated GUI test cases for Android apps.
Katalon is a leading no-code automation tool built using Appium and Selenium engines. You can run tests on any operating system, browser or device. It supports all platforms. It uses charts, tables, and reports to visualize test results and data. It also allows you to operate on both cloud-based and on-premises infrastructures.
Advantages of Katalon:
- For beginners, no-code testing is possible – no programming knowledge is required;
- Easy setup and creation of tests using keywords, images, record and playback;
- Flexible reuse of tests across API, mobile, and web platforms;
- Integration with popular project management tools like JIRA;
- Multi-environment testing is possible. Remote tests can be performed with real devices or simulators.
Espresso, an Android-specific framework for test automation, enables the creation and deployment of UI tests. This tool allows developers to create a test case and then record user interaction with the device. Developers can use analytics to verify behavior and capture snapshots of user interface elements.
The benefits of espresso:
- Google has developed an open-source native app testing tool that enables automated user interface testing on Android devices;
- This allows for both individual component testing and black box testing;
- Both native Android apps and hybrid web apps can be tested;
- You can also create test cases in Java or Kotlin;
- Easy setup and synchronized test execution;
- Use the Espresso Recorder to capture your results.
It is a popular cross-platform tool that lets you write and run tests on iOS and Android devices. It also allows automated UI testing, where tests can be written in Ruby with Cucumber.
The benefits of Calabash:
- Cucumber is used to write test cases;
- It is available for Android and iOS devices.
We have already discussed the best mobile app testing tools that you can use for your app testing needs. Which tool you choose depends on your testing needs. Each tool has its pros and cons. You can get the most out of these tools by using them in conjunction with cloud-based mobile app testing tools.
Perfecto, the most popular cloud-based mobile app tester, runs on a platform that aims to deliver digital experiences faster. It offers a single platform to test both mobile and web applications. The cloud is accessible from anywhere in the world for end-to-end testing.
The advantages of Perfecto:
- Multiple cloud platforms and test cases covered;
- Smart scans for bug fixes and feedback;
- Strong integrations with IDEs and frameworks, as well as popular CI/CD tools;
- Provides enterprise-grade security.
Many of these trends will continue to evolve as mobile development continues to dominate. While some trends may become less popular over time due to new standards, others are likely to remain in vogue in 2022.