The Steam mobile app is getting a makeover now for everyone
After some time in beta, Valve has officially released the shiny new Steam Mobile app for everyone.
It really is a great update, and the one we’ve all been waiting for. Valve let Steam Mobile die slowly until this redesign, so let’s hope they follow suit this time. It has a new design, in addition to being built on an all-new frame. Major new additions like QR code login, making it easier than ever to access Steam on new devices.
- Two-factor authentication to ensure only you have access to your account
- QR Code Login – Scan a QR code to login to Steam instead of entering a password or…
- Login Confirmation – Confirm your regular Steam logins with a simple “approve” or “decline”
- Authorized Devices – Manage access to devices your account is logged in to
- Easy access to store, community, news, and more. where you are
- Your library with access to your game content, chats, guides, support, and more.
- Remotely download games and updates to your PC, managed from your phone
- Customizable Steam Notifications: Wishlist, Sales, Comments, Trades, Chats, Friend Requests, etc.
- Trade and market confirmations – to ensure that items do not leave your account without your approval
- An improved Store browsing experience for mobile screens
- Support for using multiple Steam accounts in the app
- Customizable tabs
Valve makes it clear that Steam Chat will remain a separate app, for whatever reason. It will also receive major updates today on Android and iOS “soon”.
As for what’s next. Valve brings QR login to Steam Deck, adding new notification types and adding authorized device list to Steam client and browser.