Senior Mobile Software Development Engineer – B2B Platform (Seattle or Remote USA)
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have consistently delivered on our promises to immigrants who send their hard-earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers around the world with Remitly and our new Passbook app to provide immigrants with access to banking services. We strive daily to deliver on our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 2,200 employees across 8 offices who grow their careers while positively impacting people around the world.
About the role:
The Business-To-Business (B2B) platform is a new initiative. We leverage over a decade of money transfer experience to reach over 120 countries through a simple API to facilitate seamless international money transfers for our business partners. Our V1 product is popular with enterprise customers, and we are now looking to evolve and grow our successful product to its full potential, and we need you to do it! You will report to the Team Engineering Manager and work with a ‘small but mighty’ team that is looking to double in size over the next 12 months.
You will be:
Own the native mobile SDK for our product! As a Senior Mobile Engineer, you will provide technical leadership to more junior engineers while working with other functions and teams to deliver on our promises. The SDK is at the heart of our business success, and you can be the one driving it. You will also have the chance to:
- Create world-class user experiences to integrate the Remitly payment product into mobile and browser apps using React Native and iOS/Android development tools
- Develop distributed API systems to power our robust payment technology stack
- Work with the product and engineering teams of our first 2 major technology customers to hear their feedback and improve the user experience for their end users
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 6+ years of experience as a software developer.
- Recent work experience in native mobile development on iOS or Android (preferably both!)
- The passion to dive into technically ambiguous problems and offer them solid and fast solutions!
- Unlimited paid leave
- Medical, dental and vision benefits + 401k plan with company match
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Benefits for Continuing Education and Corridor Travel
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. Equal employment opportunity has been and will continue to be a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to non-discrimination throughout our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined on the basis of personal abilities and qualifications without discrimination based on race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or honorably discharged veteran status, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential for pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 years and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained guide dog or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or suspected victim of violence domestic violence, sexual assault or harassment, or any other protected category established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Remitly is a leading provider of digital financial services for immigrants and their families in over 170 countries around the world. Remitly helps immigrants send money home safely, reliably and seamlessly. Its digital native cross-border remittance application eliminates the long wait times, complexities and fees typical of traditional remittance processes. Building on its strong foundation, Remitly is expanding its product line to further its mission of transforming financial services for immigrants around the world. Founded in 2011, Remitly is headquartered in Seattle and has seven offices around the world, including London, Cork, Singapore, Manila and Managua.