Nearly half of small businesses have a mobile app in 2022, survey of top design companies finds
WASHINGTON, April 27, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Top Design Firms, a resource that finds the right design agency, found that nearly half of small businesses (48%) currently have mobile apps to connect with customers.
This figure represents a 16% jump from 2021 — this significant increase shows just how much mobile app technology is impacting the way small businesses operate.
Additionally, about 27% of respondents who don’t have mobile apps said they plan to invest in an app to support future business growth.
In this new 2022 report, Top Design Firms examines trends in the mobile app space, finds out how small businesses are using their platforms, and is evolving in the small business mobile app market.
The findings are based on a survey containing the mobile app development plans of 1,003 small business owners and managers.
Mobile App Trends 2022
The Top Design Firms team highlights the following statistics:
- Mobile apps are growing in popularity: nearly half (48%) of small businesses have an app in 2022, up from a third (32%) in 2021.
- In 2022, only 13% of small businesses do not plan to launch a mobile app, compared to 26% in 2021.
- Small businesses are the most motivated to create a mobile app to improve customer service (19%) and boost branding efforts (19%).
- Outsourcing is the most popular way for small businesses to build an app: 79% of small businesses outsource either to an app development team or to a freelancer. Additionally, 46% of companies have an in-house development team and 43% use DIY software.
- Most small businesses have apps for both iOS and Android devices (37%), while 35% only have an Android app and 25% exclusively offer their app to iOS users.
Many small businesses have recognized the opportunity to interact with their customers on mobile apps as the time people spend on mobile devices has increased during the COVID-19 pandemic. This has pushed small businesses to create their own apps.
Ian sellsfounder and CEO of discount keyexplained his company’s decision to build a mobile app: “We knew it was time to build a mobile app when our mobile user numbers started contributing significantly to site traffic.”
“We don’t want to waste this opportunity. Building a mobile app can help increase usability among our buyers and even sellers who use our product,” Sells said.
Discover more findings and dig deeper into mobile app trends by viewing the full report: https://topdesignfirms.com/app-development/blog/mobile-app-trends
About the best design companies
Best design companies is a directory of design, marketing and development companies around the world. Launched in 2003, Top Design Firms was recently acquired by Clutch, the leading review and assessment platform for IT, marketing and business service providers.
Senior Content Strategy and SEO Manager
SOURCE Top Design Companies