Job: Mobile Application Developers (Junior, Intermediate and Expert) at Estuary Business Solutions (EBS)
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
1.) Mobile Application Developer (Junior)
2.) Mobile App Developer (Intermediate)
3.) Mobile App Developer (Expert)
Type of employment: Contract
- We are looking for talented people to join the Junior / Intermediate or Expert Frontend / Backend / Online development team of our Digital Technology organization
- It’s a really exciting time to join us as we have some big growth plans that are already in play and this or these person(s) could be a part of it to help them mainly with their development skills alongside other platforms if necessary, to enable them also to complete their skills.
- You will work directly with clients as well as with our internal teams on projects ranging from e-commerce to bespoke analytics platforms.
- This is a great opportunity to join a team where you can really make a difference within a growing, market-leading organization. An excellent salary is offered as well as flexible working hours.
- This opportunity is suitable for talented and highly motivated comprehensive software engineers who wish to apply and develop their technical depth and breadth. Your creative ideas and enthusiasm will contribute significantly to the flourishing success of our organization and our customers.
- A degree in computer science or a related field, or work experience in industry
- Experience: Junior (3/4 years), Intermediate (7 years and more) and Experts (10 years and more)
- Experience building software components that have been successfully delivered
- Communicate effectively with technical colleagues, non-technical users, and senior management to gather requirements, describe software product functionality, and manage expectations
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithm design
- Detail oriented, analytical thinking, methodical, problem solving ability and strong time management skills
- Proven success in leading and managing projects and teams
- Training junior members and sharing best practices
- Knowledge of Laravel, WordPress, Drupal and Shopify would be beneficial but not essential
- Practical software engineering skills required to design, develop and maintain excellent solutions for one of the fastest growing companies in Africa.
- Enthusiasm to learn and evaluate new/alternative technologies and languages
- Ownership of your work and concern for high quality delivery
- Ability to work with business stakeholders to translate and prioritize business requirements into technical solutions is highly desirable
- An understanding of technology in product development is highly desirable
- An understanding of the full project lifecycle in a structured environment would be an advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft technologies
- The role would suit someone with a technical degree or background in IT or a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) subject
- Developer who has built enterprise software solutions in the cloud, ideally dealing with Big data – Large datasets – bulk file and package distribution as well as API development.
- A good understanding of software engineering, ideally Commerce and Telecom with the ability to fix bugs, optimize performance and develop new modules
- Web development experience, particularly with PHP
- We require the person(s) to have experience building front-end user interfaces.
- Knowledge of PHP 7, MySQL and MVC frameworks in a Linux environment
- Knowledge of Symfony Open-Source web application framework
- Website development experience with Magento or similar e-commerce platform
- Experience using Jira or similar tool to prioritize and track tasks
- Design and build data-driven applications
- Automated testing and continuous delivery
- Integration with APIs or third-party RESTful systems
- Hands-on expertise in disparate technologies, from front-end UIs to back-end APIs and everything in between